Second Level Navigation
You are here:
Commemorative birth certificates
Our commemorative birth certificates have been designed by local artists to celebrate a your child's birth in a unique and lasting way. Each certificate is printed on archival quality paper, and fits a standard frame size of 280mm x 355mm (11" x 14").
You cannot use commemorative birth certificates for official purposes. Instead, apply for a standard birth certificate.
How to apply
The easiest and most efficient way to apply for your, or your child's (if under 18 years) commemorative birth certificate is to apply online.
Turnaround times vary depending on how you apply.
We can only issue a birth certificate once the birth is registered in Victoria.
If you or your child was born outside Victoria, contact the Registry office of the state, territory or country where the birth happened.
New parents note. We do not automatically issue a birth certificate when you register your child's birth. To get your child's birth certificate, make sure you fill out Part Two of the Birth Registration Statement (provided by your hospital or midwife) and provide payment.
We recommend you keep all Registry-issued documents safe and secure.
Make sure you:
- Fill out the whole application form.
- Submit all required proof of identity documents (see the application form or proof of identity page for more details).
- Online: Submit certified photocopies of each document. See the proof of identity page for advice on how to get your photocopies certified.
- In person: Submit either original proof of identity documents or certified photocopies.
- Provide the required application fee. You can pay by:
- Online: Visa or MasterCard.
- In person: Cash, EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard, money order or personal cheque.