- Applications to register a change of name
- Applications to correct the register
- Birth registrations
- Marriage registrations.
Preconditions for service
One of the following documents must be submitted:
- Application to register a change of name
- Birth Registration Statement including an Application for a birth certificate
- Application for a marriage certificate
- Application to correct the Register
- All documents required in support of an application to register a change of name or application to correct the Register must be correctly certified and presented at the time of lodgement
- Payment must be made for the application and the priority service
- The applicant must provide any other evidence required by BDM within the priority service time to proceed.
Conditions of service
- Assess an application to register a change of name
- Assess an application to correct the Register
- Assess a birth registration statement to register the birth
- Assess marriage documents submitted by a marriage celebrant to register the marriage
- Contact the hospital or midwife where the notification of birth has not yet been submitted and if notification is received within the priority service time to proceed with the assessment
- Contact the marriage celebrant where the required marriage documents have not yet been submitted and if the required marriage documents are received within the priority service time to proceed with the assessment
A certificate will be issued immediately upon completion of the change of name, correction of the Register, birth registration or marriage registration (where a certificate has been ordered and payment made).
The certificate will be delivered by standard mail unless otherwise requested.
The service commitment does not include mail delivery time.
Customers may apply for a priority service at anytime after lodgement of an application. The five business day time frame commences from payment of the priority fee.