The strategy covers:
- Welcome to the Coolamon Strategy
- The significance of the coolamon
- The importance of BDM services
- Purpose of the Coolamon Strategy 2019-21
- Strong identity, strong spirit in practice
- Supporting our Aboriginal customers
- Removing financial barriers for Aboriginal customers
- Building trust and confidence in BDM services
“My identity is my spirit; it connects me to my ancestors and my land."
“I belong to this land, it is all of me. Dreaming gives me my identity, it is expressed through my culture and it keeps my spirit strong."
“Strong identity, strong spirit - we know who we are, and we are strong in spirit.”
Kristen Bell – a proud Gunditjmara woman and former BDM Aboriginal Relationships Officer
Download the Coolamon Strategy
You can download a copy of the Coolamon Strategy.
About the artwork
The artwork is by proud Moiradu/Bangerang & Kerrupmara/Gunditjmara artist Rebecca Atkinson. It depicts an Aboriginal family’s life journey, beginning with the birth of a child.
“My artwork features a birthing tree, where children would be born. The coolamons represent women and children, and the boomerang is the men of the family. The shapes beneath represent the services that help Aboriginal people through life. These include our extended family, community, connection to culture, spirit, and identity”.
We value your feedback
We value your feedback. Please direct this to firstname.lastname@example.org