The purpose of the Coolamon Strategy 2019–21 is to:
- Increase access to BDM services for Victoria’s Aboriginal community
- Ensure that we continuously improve service delivery to Aboriginal customers.
This is the second BDM Coolamon Strategy. It builds upon the achievements and lessons of the first, launched in June 2017.
BDM has learned that providing culturally-sensitive services requires different but interlinked approaches. These include:
- Flexible models of service delivery
- Staff training and capacity building
- Promotion within the Aboriginal community.
Strong relationships with stakeholders are critical in guiding and shaping these approaches.
An action plan underpins the work outlined here. It will detail how BDM intends to implement the Strategy.
We value your feedback
We value your feedback. Please direct this to email@example.com
Coolamon Strategy 2019-21 contents
- Welcome to the Coolamon Strategy
- The significance of the coolamon
- The importance of BDM services
- Purpose of the Coolamon Strategy 2019-21
- Strong identity, strong spirit in practice
- Supporting our Aboriginal customers
- Removing financial barriers for Aboriginal customers
- Building trust and confidence in BDM services