BDM works in partnership to deliver our services to community. We recognise that this means needing to be flexible. Our work includes visiting communities and working with non-government and government agencies.
As part of our Strong identity, strong spirit project, and other activities we regularly work with:
- Aboriginal community-controlled health organisations
- Specialist service providers (e.g. family violence support services)
- Peak bodies and advocates
- Government agencies
- Pro bono lawyers.
If your organisation is interested in working with BDM, email email@example.com .
Strong identity, strong spirit
Strong identity, strong spirit is a project to improve access to BDM services. BDM works with Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations and other Aboriginal service providers to host events in communities.
From October 2017 to December 2018, BDM attended over 44 community events, helping Aboriginal community members to access BDM services. This work resulted in:
- Over 200 birth certificates issued to children and adults; and
- Over 44 births registered for children of all ages.
BDM travels to Aboriginal communities across Victoria to provide BDM services. If your community has a need for BDM services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Download the Strong identity, Strong spirit poster.