Registration is free for legal practitioners.
To register, you need to provide:
- Your details (name, business name and address, contact details)
- Proof of your identity - details from one identity document issued by an Australian government (e.g. passport or driver licence). You don't need to get certified copies.
We will verify your details and identity before we email you your access details.
You'll need to register even if you used our previous online system, Legal Practitioners Online.
What you can do online
Our new system for registering life events - Registry Information Online - is now live. This means all BDM products and services are now available online.
Legal practitioners can apply for the following certificates on a clients behalf:
- Birth certificates
- Death certificates (standard or abridged)
- Marriage certificates
- Relationship certificates (domestic or caring)
- Single status certificates
- Change of name certificates
- Recognised details certificates
You can also:
- Pay individually or in bulk for certificates
- Reset your password or be reminded of your username.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit or debit card (Visa or MasterCard only)
Invoicing is not available.
Certificate turnaround times
Waiting on a certificate? See turnaround times.
For an overview, watch the video below (subtitles included). You can also read the transcript.