Sometimes we ask you to provide documents or other items in support of your application/request. We accept scans or digital photographs of hard copy documents. There are some things we don’t accept – refer to What not to send.
To attach a scan or photograph of a hard copy (paper) document you will need to:
- Convert it to a digital format
- Make sure you can access it from the computer or device you’re using to fill in the form
- Attach it to your application/request
1. Convert paper documents to digital
You can use a scanner to convert your hard copy documents to electronic files. Refer to your scanner’s instructions.
Take a digital photograph
For information on how to take a photograph using:
- An Apple device - visit the Apple website .
- An Android device - visit the website for your device
- Your computer or laptop’s built-in camera – refer to your computer’s instructions
- A digital camera – refer to your camera’s instructions.
Guidelines for photographs and scanned documents
Guidelines when preparing your documents
Too pale or too dark to read
|Clarity||Clear and readable||Blurred or unreadable|
|File size||Under 2MB||Over 2MB|
|File type (format)||.pdf, .rtf, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .png, .tiff, .txt, .doc, .docx, .key, .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .odt, .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .zip||Other file types|
||Required details are not supplied|
2. Ensure you can access and select the file
Your digital file will now be saved to your device (e.g. phone or computer) or in online storage (‘the cloud’).
Make sure you can access this location from the device you are using to complete your application/request.
For example, if you took the photo on your phone, but are filling in the form on a computer, you may need to move the photo to a shared location.
3. Upload the file
You can upload files where you see an ‘Upload Documents’ or ‘Add Documents’ button on BDM’s website. (It will depend on the transaction, application or request you are in.)
What not to send
When scanning and uploading documents, please do not upload:
- Credit card details – these should only be provided in our secure Westpac online payment page or in person