Registration is free for legal practitioners.
To register, you need to provide:
- Your details (name, business name and address, contact details)
- Proof of your identity - details from one identity document. It must be a document issued by an Australian government (e.g. passport or driver licence). You don't need to get certified copies.
We will verify your details and identity before we email you your access details.
What you can do online
All BDM products and services are available online.
Legal practitioners can apply for the following certificates on a client's behalf:
- Birth certificates
- Death certificates or death certificate package
- Marriage certificates
- Relationship certificates (domestic or caring)
- Single status certificates
- Change of name certificates
- Recognised details certificates.
You can also:
- Pay individually or in bulk for certificates
- Reset your password or get a reminder of your username.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit or debit card (Visa or MasterCard only)
Invoicing is not available.
Certificate turnaround times
Waiting on a certificate? See turnaround times.