Due to COVID-19, our customer service centre and call centre are closed until further notice.
You must continue to submit marriage notifications online. We will register them. However, we are prioritising critical birth and death registrations and certificates.
Thank you for your understanding.
Registration is free for marriage celebrants.
To register, you need to provide:
- Your details (name, business name and address, contact details)
- Proof of your identity - details from one identity document issued by an Australian government (e.g. passport or driver licence). You don't need to get certified copies.
We will verify your details and identity before we email you your access details.
You'll need to register even if you used our previous online system, Marriage Celebrants Online.
What you can do online
Our new system for registering life events - Registry Information Online - is now live. This means all BDM products and services are now available online.
Marriage celebrants can:
- Notify BDM of new marriages
- Order marriage certificates and pay individually or in bulk
- Pay for marriage certificates
- Transfer couples to another celebrant
- Reset your password or be reminded of your username.
Straightforward registrations are processed automatically, giving you faster turnaround times.
If you want a marriage certificate, you must apply and pay when you submit the marriage registration.
We accept the following payment methods:
- Credit or debit card (Visa or MasterCard only)
Invoicing is not available.
Meet your legal requirements
Read an overview of the legal requirements for marriage celebrants.
Certificate turnaround times
Waiting on a certificate? See turnaround times.
Help and instructions
Refer to our step-by-step guide for help with marriage notifications.
Learn about why you must give us correct data.
For an overview, watch the video below (subtitles included). You can read the transcript.