- You can order all our certificates and products on this website.
Open by email
- When you apply, we’ll email you instructions on what you need to do to complete your application. You can email the relevant team through the instructions in that email.
Customer service centre: currently closed
Call centre: currently closed.
Do you need to contact us?
If you need general information, the quickest answer to your question might be on this website. Here are some pages on our most common queries.
When you apply for a certificate or registration, we will email you. To ask a question:
- Follow the instructions in that email. It will tell you the email address to contact
- Include your reference number.
You can email email@example.com .
Please provide as much information as you can - this will help us answer your question.
If you’ve provided everything we need, we’ll complete your application according to our turnaround times.
If you need something more urgently than those turnaround times:
- Apply online
- Then email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Order number
- Proof of identity
- Reason(s) why it is urgent.
We will respond to all emails in this inbox but will prioritise responding to requests that are clearly urgent.
If you can't email us
If you (or the person you are supporting) need to contact us and you can't email us, phone 1300 405 281 and leave a message stating:
- Your name
- Your phone contact details
- A short description of why your application is urgent.
Only messages for urgent matters will be responded to.
All other enquiries will not be responded to.
Post documents to us
If you have applied for a certificate or registration, and need to return original certificates or provide certified identity documents:
- Mail the documents to:
Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages Victoria
GPO Box 4332
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
- Include your order number.
If you are in one of the following professions, refer to your page for instructions:
Information technology (IT) issues
Our IT helpdesk team may be able to help with problems such as logging in, password resets, pop-ups or printing.
The IT team can’t help with turnaround times or applying for a certificate.
Media outlets only: email email@example.com .