Integrated birth certificates include information about:
- an adopted person, at birth and after adoption
- their natural parents (where records are available), and
- their adoptive parents.
An integrated birth certificate is a legal birth certificate.
An integrated birth certificate is free the first time we issue it. For subsequent applications you must pay the certificate fee.
To apply for an integrated birth certificate, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have your birth registered in Victoria
- Have your adoption registered in Victoria. (You do not have to have been adopted in Victoria).
Requirements for specific types of applicants
|Type of access||Applicant||How to apply||Requirements||What BDM might provide you|
|Applying for your own integrated birth certificate||Registered adopted person||Go to Get an integrated birth certificate||
You must meet eligibility requirements (above).
Apply for a certificate including:
|Legal integrated birth certificate|
|Third party authority||A person authorised by the eligible registered adopted person||Go to Get an integrated birth certificate||Apply for a certificate including:||Legal integrated birth certificate|