Certificates that are not paid for within 14 days of submission are automatically cancelled.
The death registration will progress regardless of payment status.
Who can pay
Funeral directors can pay directly for certificates they order.
The funeral home can also arrange for an administration or finance officer to pay for all certificates ordered by individual funeral directors.
The stakeholder representative must add the person to the organisation’s account as a nominated user. (Go to Account > Invite users). Each nominated user can view all drafts, submit items, and pay for certificates.
- Credit or debit card (Visa or MasterCard only)
How to pay
- From the Submitted list, tick the box next to the certificate(s) you wish to pay for.
- Select the Pay for certificate button below the list and follow the prompts.
Pay for multiple certificates
- Pay for certificates individually or in bulk
- Payment for multiple certificates in one transaction generates one receipt number and one transaction number.
Print a receipt
- Make sure your browser is not blocking pop-up windows
- From the Submitted list locate the item
- Select the Payment reference number
- Select Print to download a printable PDF
Statements for payments made over a time period are not available.
Verify whether items are paid
Go to the Submitted list to check that BDM has received payment.