Changes to forms after 20 February 2019
Cause of death forms now look different to those in use before the launch of BDM’s online system.
Here are some ways to recognise the new versions of:
- Medical Certificate Cause of Death (MCCD)
- Medical Certificate Cause of Perinatal Death (MCCPD).
Printed online forms
In most cases, medical practitioners complete the cause of death online.
Printed online forms have the following changes:
- No handwritten sections
- No physical signatures
- A new ‘Declaration’ section that serves as the doctor’s signature
How is the doctor verified?
All doctors using the online forms must register in the system.
Instead of a physical signature, the document is signed electronically:
- The doctor’s credentials are digitally confirmed each time they complete a notification.
- The printed form contains a ‘Declaration’ section.
Funeral directors cannot accept incorrectly printed forms lacking the declaration.
The new ‘Declaration’ section, without a physical signature
Doctors may occasionally use paper forms, such as during a planned outage when they cannot access the online system.
Medical Certificate Cause of Death
- Renamed: ‘PART SIX – Declaration’ section is now ‘PART SIX – Statement’.
- Removed: ‘PART SEVEN– Lodgement’ section.
Medical Certificate Cause of Perinatal Death
- Expanded: The new form contains four pages of information instead of three.
- Renamed and expanded: ‘PART THREE – Mother’s Details’ is now ‘PART THREE – Parent’s Details’. This section also includes more of the mother’s details, including their family name at birth and email address.
- Renamed: ‘PART SEVEN – Declaration’ is now ‘PART SEVEN - Statement’.
Call us on 1300 369 367 and select Option 3 (service partners). Calls to this option are answered within 15 minutes, and often faster.
Thank you for your patience as we upgrade our online systems.