This information is for marriage celebrants.
Not you? Order your own marriage certificate.
- Complete all mandatory information on the marriage notification form
- Save the form
- Order a certificate from:
- The Order a certificate button at the bottom of the form, or
- the Drafts list (select 'Request certificate' to the right of the draft)
- Submit the marriage notification form to BDM
- Pay for the certificate from the submitted list
Fill in the certificate order form
Order certificates before submitting the notification. Celebrants can't order a certificate on behalf of couples after you have submitted the notification to BDM.
Hint: To auto populate the certificate delivery address, save the address in the notification form before ordering the certificate.
- Provide the quantity and reason; click ‘Next’
- Fill in the delivery details > ‘Next’
- Fix any validation errors > ‘Next’
- Review the order details > ‘Save as draft’
Then return to the Drafts list and submit the marriage notification, then pay for the certificate.
Cancel a certificate order
Certificate orders cannot be cancelled after the marriage notification has been submitted.
From the Drafts list:
- Locate the item. It will have ‘Yes’ under ‘Certificate requested?’
- Click Delete certificate. You will be prompted to confirm.