Victoria has declared a State of Emergency due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our customer service and call centres are closed until further notice.
For information on BDM services, use the menu above. If you’ve already applied for a certificate or registration, check our certificate turnaround times.
We are prioritising critical certificate or registration requests. For critical requests only:
- Apply online
- Then email email@example.com and include:
- Order number
- Proof of identity
- Reason(s) why it is critical.
For information about COVID-19, visit the DHHS website .
In Victoria, you can register a caring relationship between two adults who aren't a couple and who may be related by family if:
- You're both at least 18 years old
- One party lives in Victoria
- You're not married to each other, a couple, in a relationship that's already registered or in another relationship that could be registered.
How to register
To register your relationship:-
- Both parties need to:
- One of you must:
- Provide evidence that you live in Victoria - for example, a bank statement showing recent Victorian transactions (refer to uploading hard copy documents online).
The law requires a 28 day cooling off period when registering a caring relationship. Due to this, it takes at least 28 calendar days from the date we receive a complete and valid application to register the relationship.
A non-refundable registration fee of $228.10 applies. The fee does not include a certificate.
You can order a certificate when you apply to register the relationship or at any later date.